Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Happy Birthday!!

July is my birthday month.  In fact, it's a big birthday month for my family -- my niece, my cousin, my brother, and I all have birthdays this month.  So off to card making I went.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of my niece's and cousin's cards -- oops!  But I didn't forget to take a photo of my brother's card.


Again, unfortunately, I still haven't found my camera since my move (it's in here somewhere, I promise!), so the photo was taken with my sad little cell phone.  But you still get the idea.

My brother is an amazing artist, so I took the paint brush from Sweet Stamp Shop's Artsy Fartsy set and stamped it all over to create my own background paper.  I colored each one with Spectrum Noir markers -- I'm still learning how to use those, so it's not perfect.  I then took a Versamark pen, colored over each brush, and clear embossed them.  Finally, I sponged over the whole thing with Distress inks.  I cut the panel down and popped it onto a panel of Stampin' Up's Taken with Teal cardstock (now retired) edged with black ribbon scraps from my stash.  All of that got adhered to a white card base.

Because my brother is an awesome artist, rather than a birthday sentiment on the front, I used a sentiment from Lil' Inker's Snarky Sentiments -- if you know my brother, you know he'd completely agree with it.  lol

Happy birthday, baby bro.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment